Saturday, March 13, 2010

Never Stop Studying

We have been married almost 10 years. 

When we first got married Gana worked for a construction company and had to set out in the morning at the ungodly hour of 5am!  I used to get up and make him breakfast which he would never really eat.  Finally he just asked me to make him a piece of toast and coffee.

I took this to mean that he was not a big breakfast eater.

So, I never really made him breakfast.  The kids eat oatmeal most mornings (which Meg makes).  I eat with them, drinking tea or coffee.  He eats toast or pan dulce or something like that and has a cup of coffee before work.

That is until recently.  I was sitting with him watching TV and a commercial came on for some fastfood breakfast sandwich.  He said, "That looks good."  I replied with, "What?  You don't eat breakfast."  He replied with, "That's because you don't make it."  I replied with, "That's because you don't like breakfast!"  He replied with "How did you get that idea?!"

Rewind..................

Turns out his rejections of my breakfasts when we first got married were not because he hated breakfast, but more because he hated 5am.  Turns out he likes breakfast and wishes I would make him a more interesting breakfast each morning.

Just goes to show you, even after you've been married a while, don't stop learning about your mate!  Don't assume you know him or her.  I bet there are a few assumptions you have about your spouse that could be challenged.

Have fun studying your spouse.  I'm off to fry some sausage and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we made you laugh, made you cry, made you mad or made you think--leave us some comment love! Feel free to ask questions, too!