Monday, September 7, 2009

Gaurd Your Heart!

If you have ever watched a boxing match, the referee will bring the two fighters’ together, explain the rules and then tell them to protect yourself at all times. Well the same goes with us when it comes to the enemy. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TMES! “Be on your guard; stand firm in faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.” (1 Corinthians 16: 13-14). I say this because of something I recently went through. I was in a little bit of a funk a couple of weeks ago. I felt like I was neglecting my duties as a husband, a father, and a son to my Heavenly Father. I found my self depressed, short tempered towards my wife and kids. On one Sunday I didn’t feel like going to church. I was getting a bit frustrated with myself. I came to a point were I could dwell in my funk or I could make a decision to snap out of it. Well I chose to snap out of it. I made the decision to stand strong in the Lord. I felt God telling me to guard my heart. Protect myself at all times. I know we all go through different seasons in our life. Sometimes we just need to make a decision to come in the opposite spirit. We can’t always wait on the next big conference, prophetic word, or a message at church on Sunday. God gave us the authority to speak life into our own lives. We have the authority to end the funk. It is through the Blood of Jesus. We also need to learn to reach out to others in the body of Christ. Stay connected to others. Get involved with a small group at your church. Build relationships with others, have accountability partners. This is how we build community in church. We learn to care and love on others. I was able to pull myself out of my funk with the help of my Heavenly Father and my wife, but there are times we need a church community to depend on. “Stay alert. Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5: 8-9). So, protect yourself at all times. Guard your heart and don’t allow the enemy to steal what belongs to your Heavenly Father.

Mark and Raquel Soto

1 comment:

If we made you laugh, made you cry, made you mad or made you think--leave us some comment love! Feel free to ask questions, too!