Thursday, June 18, 2009

Will A Real Man Please Standup!

Family Cell 6/19/09

Will A Real Man Please Standup!
What does that mean? All I know is what God has been putting on my heart. That enough is enough. It is time for us men to stand up and take responsibility for the role that God has intended for us. Enough with complacency, and do I know about complacency. Every time I got complacent in my marriage or with my children or with my relationship with God, I have fallen on my face. Then I wondered how I got there. I allowed the enemy to walk right into, and set up camp in my own backyard. Well I finally said that’s it, and took back what the enemy had stolen. It is amazing as men when we stand up and take that leap of faith, God shows up. It is time to surrender ourselves to God, drop pride, selfishness, arrogance, and the I could do it alone attitude. Just to let you know guys, WE CAN”T. “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9). God is in control, not us. He is in control of our life, our wives life, our children’s lives, and everyone around or in our life. That doesn’t mean we can’t allow God to use us to speak into or influence others. It first starts by dying to ourselves and allowing God to transform us. We must learn to love the way Jesus loved. Allow him into those areas of our heart that has been closed off. Once we allow God to fill us with His love, not our own love, His love, we are commanded to give it away. Start with our wives and love them the way Jesus loved us. He gave the ultimate sacrifice by dying on the cross even though He knew we would disown Him. So love our wives. Show our children what God had intended for marriage. Draw your family to the Lord, not by preaching, but by doing what God commands us to do. LOVE! God holds us as men responsible for the well being of our home, our spouse, and our children. Be honest, is there room for improvement men? I say yes! Do you dwell with understanding with your wife and children? Are you lifting up other men in your life? Remember God can use you, no matter where you’re at in your life. It is through your weakness that God is glorified and able to do great things. Men lets get up off the couch and step up to the plate. Lets dance before the Lord naked just like David did. God loves it when we as men dance, worship, and praise him. Who cares what we look like, GET OVER IT! “If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the lord upholds him with his hand.” (Psalm 37:23,24). I want my heavenly Father to say that I am so proud of you son, for you loved the way I have loved. Well men it is time. IT IS TIME! It is time to stand up and take responsibility for our ways and cry out to God. LORD LET ME NEVER BE THE SAME!!! Don’t be afraid of change. Once you feel his presence, you will want more. I like to say real men cry. God has touched me in a way that I cry for everything and I love it. So on Sunday when you’re at church give another brother a hug. Pray for him. Love on him. It is time that we feel like a real family at church, but it starts at home. Learn your weaknesses. Know how, where, and when you are at your most susceptible. Put the full armor of God on daily. Protect yourself at all times. Don’t give the enemy any say in your life. Learn to speak blessings over yourself. Remember your Daddy is the king of kings. God is waiting for us men to step out and stand up. He will be glorified in us.
Father’s day is this Sunday, so enjoy the
day if you’re a father. Honor your own father. But lets give back a greater gift than we can receive on father’s day. Father’s cherish your children; raise them to love the Lord. Love, honor, and cultivate your wife. Pray for your family, for your church and church leaders and pray for each other. “Be on your guard; stand firm in faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.” (1 Corinthians 16: 13-14). Remember, our Father is not looking for perfect people. We all have flaws and we will all stumble. He is looking for those who seek Him. For those who are willing to let God work in your life. Remember we allow God to show who He is in our faults. He gets the glory. Ask God how he can use you today and then step out by faith and allow Him to do miraculous works in your life and the lives of others.

Mark Soto

No comments:

Post a Comment

If we made you laugh, made you cry, made you mad or made you think--leave us some comment love! Feel free to ask questions, too!